The Joe Gilliam World Class Football Camp 2020
The 2020 Joe Gilliam Football Camp is Postponed until Further Notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
We are monitoring the current situation closely and taking recommendations listed by the CDC, State, and Federal guidelines.
Thanks for your participation and support. We will keep you updated as we find out more information pertaining to this virus.
The Joe Gilliam Football Camp is a world class football camp. It is a non-contact football camp for boys and girls with age ranging from 11 – 17 years old. The Risks are equivalent to playing “Touch Football”. The activities are focused on teaching the skills fundamental to football, personal safety, various positions of interest, and improving on existing skills.
The final day of the camp includes a “Touch Football Tournament”.
The camp is a 4 day camp, TBD, from 9:00 am to 3:00pm at the Tennessee State University Indoor practice field. Transportation is available through participating recreation or community centers throughout the area. In the event of rain or excessive heat, all camp activities will be moved to Tennessee State University’s indoor practice facility. Water, ice, and electrolyte-replenishing drinks will be available to campers during camp activities. A full mid-day meal and snacks will be provided as well.
Download a Camp Application HERE.
For More Information, Contact:
James Wade, Camp Director JWGCamp@joewgilliamfoundation.org
Camp Activities By Position
- Warm-Up Sequence (Arms & Body)
- Ball Grip and Throwing Motion
- Single Route Passing (3 & 5 Step Drop) and Footwork
- Run Plays for Footwork & Ball Handling
- Play Action Passing Footwork & Ball Handling
- 3, 5, & 7 Step drop back Footwork & Throwing
- Reading Defenses
- Strong Side & Weak Wide Passing – Reading Defenses
- 7 on 7 Passing & Reading Defenses
- Ball Handling Skills
- Inside Running Skills – Reactions to Blockers & Defenders
- Outside running skills – Reactions to Blockers & Defenders
- Pass Route Running & Catching
- Run & Pass Blocking
- Screen & Draw Footwork
- Ball Reaction Drills
- Pass Catching Drills
- Route Running & Catching
- Route Running (Combo Patterns) – Strong & Weak
- Down Field Blocking
- 7 on 7 Passing
- Reading Defenders
- Individual Run & Pass Blocking
- Combo Blocking (Double Team, Trap, & Do Dad)
- Zone Blocking (Principles & Drills)
- Back Peddle Drills
- Hip Control Drills
- Run Support Drills
- Zone Pass Defense Drills
- Man Pass Defense Drills
- Tackling Technique (Passive)
- 7 on 7 vs Offense
- Key Reading – Run & Pass
- Tackling Drills (Passive)
- Pass Defense – Zone & Man
- Blocker Control (Run)
- 7 on 7 vs Offense
- Tackling Drills
- Blocker Control Drills
- Pass Rush Drills
- Line Stunt Drills – Run & Pass